Wednesday 28 November 2012

It's me - 2 years too late!

Hello...world.

2 years later (and older) I return to my blog to find myself in a totally new situation, University.

Last time we met it was a buzz of going to that festival called Sonisphere, ahh yes...that was a long time ago now.

So here I am, 21 years old, slightly taller..longer hair but still the same old me, just with a different perspective on life. :)

And so you ask, what is to tell? Well I am here in my first semester of my first year at University and I am studying Television Production! I love the whole technical aspect (especially camera) of creating TV and thought hey, let's do a degree in London near Jamie (oh yes we are still together) and then share a flat with lots of random people and hopefully have an awesome time. 


Well it is pretty damn awesome :)

I live in Harrow - it isn't the most glamorous of places but for North West London it ain't bad. My flatmates consist of all girls and are all from outside the U.K. I did have one guy from Southampton living with me but he moved out - shame  :(


Anyways, our flat is generally alright and I've made some nice friends on the course - a couple who are slightly bizarre ;) and leave notes under my door telling me they 'know my secret' but anyway that's a different story. 

My room is on the small side but there's nothing to complain about, I have my own bathroom, high speed internet and a TV! Yes the TV student gets the TV with many green eyes of envy from my fellow TV students ;)

Generally it's been a great experience just having that independence I always craved. When I want food I get food and when I want my dinner at 9.30 at night, I can. It sounds sad but those little things are really cool.


I am rambling I know, it's been so long since I have written a blogpost....too long. 

Another thing I want to talk about is that University has given me a fresh start - my social life is 100% better than it used to be at home and I have also taken the plunge in joining the musical theatre society where I have managed to get an ensemble part in the new production of the CopaCabana! Can't wait for that!. I have also joined the comedy society :) 

I also think being at this University is amazing - it has brilliant facilities. Our TV studio is state of the art and the equipment is fab too. The library has everything I need and it's so modern too. Wow I should really write a promotional leaflet for this uni haha I love the place ;) *such a geek*

Anyways enough rambling about university...I have some other MAJOR news.


(there's me with my arm around both Sharon and Robert ;) )

My dream came true - I MET WITHIN TEMPTATION!!! After their Elements gig in Antwerp, Belgium on the 13th November 2012 - IT WAS AMAZING!!!!!!!! Absoloute dream come true, I was speechless and yes I have the photo to prove it ;)

Best thing of this year was meeting my favorite band of all time and the fact we were staying in the same hotel as them = win!

In other news : I now work for BBC Flog it! as a production steward! Yes I have BBC as an employer..........win! I just get to talk to people and watch the film crew all day, just awesome. I'm working for one in Oxford this Saturday (8am call time :( ) but apart from that, I can't wait! Woohoo!

It's been great to blog again, hopefully won't leave it 2 years until another blog post!

Signing off


Rachel.......x

No comments: