Friday 9 April 2010

7th April 2010 - Our Anniversary


22nd February 2009

That is the date when I found Jamie Fawcett..a simple guy from London, who seemed to love Within Temptation as much as I do.

It was that evening around 11pm, that I was checking the WT website. News had been posted of Sharon giving birth to a baby boy, Robin.
I sent my congrats on the guestbook, and underneath my post was Jamie's. He had left his location as London, and also his email address.

I was in a random mood that night, call it fate but I added him to my msn...and that was the beginning of us.

We hit it off like a house on fire. He loved Within Temptation, Nightwish and loads of other bands that I love....he sent me a picture...and I fell in love.

He was shy at first, I told him about my love of WT and the time I flew out to Holland to see them live. We chatted until the early hours of the morning even though he had college at 9am, he stayed to talk to me.

I spent that time watching him on webcam, I was besotted. He had short blondey/brown hair, had a gorgeous smile, beautiful blue eyes, olive skin and a warm friendly face. I couldn't keep my eyes off him all night. I was in love.

Finally I let him go to sleep, but I couldn't sleep one wink. We talked the next day, and the day after, and the day after...and it carried on.

We liked each other from the start. He told me about London, his friends, what he did with his life..and I did the same.
From the start I knew he was something special, we had something here and I hadn't even met him yet.

It was a few weeks later that we became open and displayed our love for each other on facebook...only weeks after we had met. (sounds romantic I know) then on the 7th April 2009...I travelled 2 and a half hours on the train to London to meet him...a day I'll never forget.

We hit it off straight away. We shared the same love of films (back to the future, star wars, school of rock), we laughed at the same things, we took an interest in the things around us...we just...gelled. He took me around all the sights, and then came the chinese buffet.
I was terrible! I couldnt eat anything...he payed for it all...he was such a gentleman..yet I was too nervous to eat! I felt so awkward!

Then after the chinese, he took me to see Mall Cop :) We laughed at the same parts, I leant up to him...cuddled him. It felt like I had known him for years...I knew he was for me at that moment...I was so happy.

After he had walked my little feet off (and worn my feet down to blisters), he payed for us to go back to Euston and we said goodbye.

I've never cried so much on a train, I missed him...like hell.

After that I spent nearly every other weekend down in London, I met his family and friends...and we just shared this amazing love.

I've never felt so happy with a guy before, he made me feel on top of the world...and still does to this day. I was always so self concious about my body and never thought any guy could look past that. But Jamie did, and he always has loved me for who I am.

I love him so much words alone cannot describe it. We are soulmates and I know we are right for each other.

Sure we have had our ups and downs, but I cannot think of a person I would rather want to spend my life with.

So here's to you baby, we've made it to a year...and counting.

I loved you yesterday, I love you today, and I'll love you tomorrow.

Let's enjoy it.

Rachel x

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Yeah.. but I love you more.

SUCK ON THAT, JAMIE! :)

Congrats, sis. x =P