Wednesday 11 February 2009

Changing lives

Truly tiring day!

Woke up to the sound of Mum and David arguing about him refusing to go into school...got dressed...drank some of our delicious coffee...ate my jam toast...straightened my hair..turned the straightners ..off...Or did I? I left the house and almost thought I'd run back in to check... but as I was already late for nursery I thought I'd trust my instincts.


Got to nursery and was in pre-school all day. Kids were little terrors, even more than before and David the naughty one was his usual self. Funny as all the staff think I'm amazing as I'm the only one who can calm him down/sit him on a chair and to be honest , shouting at him isn't gonna work. I just get down to his level and approach him calmly..I don't shout or be horrible. So after managing the whole morning of dolls...sand play...tears..tantrums and screams I literally ran out the door for my lunch break. I walked to greggs, got my usual tuna baguette (I cant imagine the amount of calories in one of those) and an iced ring doughnut (yep..not gonna bother counting here either). Walked back to nursery and sat in the freezing cold staff room with my coat wrapped around my legs, texting random people and eating my baguette (which was heavenly like always)...returned to the screams and Gregg made me sing with the children lol I need to learn these nursery rhymes!

About 3, Jo the manager came in and was watching me sitting with the children...I was holding David at the time and he was being tremendously quiet and she was saying "Oh I wish you were here 5 days a week Rachel...David really likes you" and I said "yeah, as an apprentice...I can't find a placement anywhere" putting on the pity talk a bit...maybe she'll change her mind and take me on as an apprentice even though they probably can't afford to pay another one...sucks though as I would love to do my placement there. Anyway, just before I left...another member of staff Lindsey was commenting on how good David had been all day, and Jo replied "Oh yeah, it's cause Rachel is here...every wednesday and thursday he's good because thats the day's Rachel is here" I was like dead happy =]. Glad to know Im making a difference in a child's life!

Im absoloutley shattered now... I have like no strength lol. Same again tomorrow....woo.

Going to Nicky's house this weekend!! York here I come ^_^ I have missed you. We are going to a lovely italian restaurant in Walmgate and yes it is valentines day, but 2 years ago we did the same thing when we first met..so its kinda a anniversary haha. We gonna be with all the valentines couples feeling jealous...but we will probably have our own anti-valentines party afterwards lol. Can't wait...! =]

Thats all I have to say now. Not looking forward to my driving lesson this friday. Friday the 13th. Eep...haven't driven for 3 weeks AND it's an unlucky day... meh. Come on Rach! Be Confident! *eep*

& Yes. I did leave my straightners on and nearly DID burn the house down! Oops

1 comment:

Nicole said...

oh we are DEFINITELY going to be grumbling about the smug couples on V-Day!!

I'll bring the chocolate fudge brownie icecream you steal the spoons from the restaurant.

Shh..

Don't tell.

Not even THE WHOLE INTERWEBS...

Because revealing our plan to somewhere as open as the internet would just be-

Oops.