Thursday 11 September 2008

New College

Ok so I havent posted anything for a while, and the reason for that is Ive started college this week and I've been rather busy.

Monday 8th September
Ah so the day had come for me to start at my new college in Wellington. I got up at 7am and jumped in the shower....(way too early for me) . Got dressed , went downstairs but couldnt eat anything and then walked to the bus stop where I saw Helen and Jordan waiting for me.
The bus was late and we all got on it to see half of BBS on there (typical) =P and off we went to college.
Got at New College dead early and just wandered about speaking to people for like half an hour. Then me and jordan went to the libary to collect our timetables and we were in luck as we are in the same form :) Wooo. So we got to form and we have the crazy but nice french teacher Jo. She's really friendly, and also in my form there is Amy who I've known on the internet since like 2006..then Jack L, Vorny and Mel from BBS.
During tutor time she made us play "icebreakers" and we sorted out our timetable. This guy I met called Tim who is half french is really nice, and then theres Joe who is such a legend. So after like an hour or so, we all had to go to the hall for an assembly. The place was packed and I sat next to Joe. As we were sitting down, Joe kept looking around and he said "Arent these people so BEAUTIFUL! I mean just look at them BEAUTIFUL!" And im like LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Ah he's so hilarious, I need to pair him up with Andy =P.
So after the principal of the college drivelled on about how it took him 30 years to swim, we all went out and back into form. I went to my travel and tourism lesson, and oh boy, wish I hadnt!. Seriously they are all retards, they dont know a thing. I mean, not boasting or anything but I have quite a good sence of geography and capital cities and that. But this girl thought that Amsterdam was the capital of Lithuania...and another girl didnt know where Jersey was! I kept answering all the teachers questions and I felt really brainy. The majority of the people in there have really crap GCSE grades...and Im sitting there with 1 A* , 2 A's, 4 B's and 3 C's. So, you get my gist. They are only taking it cause its 70% coursework which the awfully boring teacher who makes me yawn keeps going on about. "ONLY take this course if you like coursework, remember its ..Look, I wont say it again....... 70% Coursework!". -_-
The work is so easy, like I finished all my work before anyone else.
So yeah, that was tourism *yawn*
After my 40 minute lunch, It was time for media. So off I went to find the class, and I was late so when I arrived everyone was looking at me ..Sigh . So I sat down to this scary looking girl, and Harvey our teacher made us do some icebreakers. We had to find out different things about the person next to us. So I turned to the then "scary looking girl" and she was dead nice! Her names Heather and she's also doing Art. But as I write this now she has decided to drop media :( *cries*. Ok so after the ice breaker, we watched skins and had to make notes on storylines etc. Then it was time for break, so me and heather hung out together and she is so awesome. We swapped myspace addys and now we are becoming really good mates! Like shes sooooo cool :).

Then at 4pm it was hometime, and caught the AT brown bus back from New College.
The day had gone rather well and I met lots of lovely people.

Tuesday 9th September
So on Tuesday, I got into Spanish and I was like 10 mins early so Maggie my teacher made me sort out some PC problem for her (which is like soooo easy) . Then everyone else came in and I felt at home straight away. They are all there because they love spanish like me! Cause at BBS the majority just wanted to get their C and get the hell outta there. But not me, I wanted to get my A*. (and I did). So after some icebreakers, and lots of talking in spanish. Then Maggie mentioned a trip to Barcelona in March and im just sitting there like... WOW. COOL!
We did some work and by the time we had finished all of that it was time for tourism.
I got to tourism and it was like packed, loads of people had joined the class....and they were mostly 2nd years retaking it. I was sat on my own between two 2nd years and they were discussing how many E's they had in their GCSE's..*sigh*
So we all sat down at the PC's and got to work on our maps. Everyone was asking me questions and I was in utter shock when this girl asked me if Dunkerque was a country : . Dumbo.
After the girls trying to copy my work , I finished most of the work and at 1pm went home. Got the 55 then 481 which took like a whole hour, and got home at 2:30! YAY! :)

Wednesday 10th September
The day when I was half deaf. Seriously. I woke up and couldnt hear anything out of my right ear. When I got to college, I could hardly hear anything aah it was horrible. I got to college at like 11:20 as I had no morning lesson. I went straight to tutorial and saw everyone, and we got our ID Cards...my photo is awful. Then we got given this huge folder thing with tons of sheets in I will never read. Oh well.
After lunch and having the best tuna baguette in the world from greggs. Me and Alex P went back and I went straight to English. And wow, is my english class hilarious. The teacher is lovely, and my class is small but they are all really nice and on my level of intelligence thank god. We all had a right laugh and at about 40 mins into the lesson my hearing came back and I was like YES!. After the break we all did speed dating and me and Joe had a good laugh =P He's so awesome!. The course sounds well good, like travel writing and things. And guess where we get to go in November? London! To see 2 west end shows including Wicked! and the war museum, shopping and camden market. Plus 1 night in a B+B. Wooo Cant wait. English Rocks :)

Thursday 11th September
Today. Ok so I wasnt half deaf today wooo :). Got up early again, and felt awfully sick. Got on the bus and it was packed. Then got into media and we have this awesome teacher called Graeame. He really makes you learn, and is so enthusiastic. We looked at how photos give us certain connotations, and next lesson we get to do photography wooo!!
Spanish was ok, and tourism ...well I finished all my work 15 mins early so I was outta there. I dunno whether to stick with it or not...
Im getting bored of doing this blog, but yeh I came home at like 5 so wasnt too happy, and Ive been watching the silent force tour dvd to cheer me up :) Ahhh <3


TOMORROW IS MY FREE DAY ! YES!!!!!!!!


Adios xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

No comments: