Saturday 21 March 2009

Street View Spotting

It's nice to know how some people in the city of York react to seeing the google earth street view cars roaming around their streets.

Photobucket

Happy chappy.

These sort of pictures have been rapidly removed from the street view system over the last few days and are still being removed as we speak. Shots of people being sick, being arrested or car crashes have been taken off, and even one of a man walking into a sex shop. Now you just get an error message saying "picture has been removed". Seems like a lengthy task to me.

I've been taking a look at this Google Earth Street view a lot these past couple of days, and cant help feeling that its approach is rather...well...stalkerish.

You can see into people's windows, cars and gardens...and Google say it has blurred out people's faces from the photo. Wrong. There are still many shots of people looking stunned or shocked at the camera (dont blame them) and also car number plates are still in view. So why did Google want to do this street view anyway? What are they trying to say?

Luckily my street is not on google earth yet, and I'm glad 'cause I want to be in the shot doing some random thing like washing my car or walking my dog. Seems random but then I can say that I'm on google earth xD.

I've had fun wandering around London on street view, oh and my friend Matt and I played a "street view" game yesterday where Matt named pubs and nightclubs for me to find in Southampton and then I print screened them to send to Matt and he said if it was correct or not.... yeah we're sad.

But we ROCK!

So...I wonder if EVERY single street in the UK will soon be on street view? Who knows?.

----

Today

I managed to get up in time and picked up my friend Steph from her house to go shopping in Telford. We were searching for a mothers day gift for Steph's mum and it proved to be rather challenging. First of all it was ridiculously busy, second Steph couldnt decide what to get for her Mum...and thirdly it was really hot inside the place so we just wanted to escape lol. We saw Vicky and that was good ^^ she came round with us for a bit, and then we finally got Steph's mum a lush bathbomb and some thorntons chocolate. I also got my mum a book by one of her favourite author's =]. I bought a new bag and rose-bud earrings from H+M and then we caught the 33 bus home to Muxton. We decided to call on Richard but as usual he wouldnt come downstairs so we walked away with a sad look on our faces....Im really worried about him. Mum picked me up and I went home and chilled out. My brother has a new phone and guess what?...Its the same one as mine. lol

I had a yummy curry for dinner and then I've just been watching the bonfire crackle =]

My blogging energy is used up now




No comments: